It is 10 am on Father’s Day. Dad isn’t a huge baseball fan (although he doesn’t mind watching the games when they’re on) and you’ve been too busy with all that NYC work-life provides to figure out a major plan. Well, today is your lucky day! Here is a list of our top 5 Dad-friendly Brunch Spots (This is also a great list for any man in your life).
The good news: Some of these places may not even need reservations! (But I’d call ahead just in case):
- Mel’s Burger Bar: It may be close to the Heights, but Dad will sure enjoy it. We all know Dad loves his red meat, and nothing is better than a good burger on Father’s Day! Plus, they offer $2 bloody mary’s to help cure your hangover from last night!
- Duke’s: Duke’s in Murray Hill and Union Square offer a GREAT weekend brunch, add $10 to year meal for AYCD drinks! The food is decently prices, plus it’s mostly fried and BBQ. What else could dad ask for?
- Primehouse NYC: Yes it is true, Primehouse NYC serves brunch! Typically a great Father’s Day Dinner Choice, Primehouse offers a great brunch (brunch item $9-$16 and it includes 1 brunch cocktail). This place will class it up a bit.. without putting a big hole in the wallet! (Menu is here!)
- Jalapeno: Does Dad love his Mexican? If so, try this spot in Columbus Circle! The sangria, bloodies, mimosas and proseco is unlimited! (Yes unlimited drinks)! The cost is low, but the energy is high.
- Brother Jimmy’s: Try any of the locations (Union Square, Murray Hill and Upper East Side) for a sweet southern brunch with Dad. For just $13.95 you can get coffee/tea, a brunch entrée and one of their brunch drink specials , errr..”Eye Openers,” and they run about $8 each. These brunch cocktails include:
Hair of the dog (a mint Julep), Bloody Beer (Budweiser, tomato juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire & lime) , White peach sangria, Mimosa, Bloody Mary, and Bellini. For just $22 you can even get their “Rise and Shine” (Vodka, OJ, Grenadine) in a fishbowl and share with Dad! Plus, you can “watch” whatever games are on their many TV screens! Go ahead and put some south in yo mouth!
There are so many other brunch options to try, so if these 5 don’t work out take a look at our all-inclusive brunch list!
Posted in All you can drink, AYCD, brunch, Holiday brunch, Inexpensive, Latin, Manhattan, mimosa, Murray Hill
Tagged AYCD Brunch, AYCD brunch NYC, bbq brunch, fathers day, manly brunch, men's brunch, steakhouse brunch
NEW FLASH: ANOTHER Beatles Brunch spot to try? Thank goodness!
I have yet to schedule my BB King Blues Club & Grill Strawberry Field brunch ($40 online, $42.50 day of the show for Beatles cover band and all you can eat buffet) and another Beatles Brunch location appears:
Rockography Cafe opens March 21 in the West Village, as a cooler, more hip Hard Rock Cafe. Imagine this: the 16-oz. burger with velveeta cheese, fried egg, pickles and more is the “F.U. Burger” (FU, no substitutions), photos of musicians and from rock will line the walls and the soundtrack is expected to be epic.
But Zagat mentions a Bloody Mary Bar – like my dream come true. The brunch will be epic. New York Magazine claims there will be an endless bellini brunch with a “build your own Benedict” option. Just the rumors are enough to get me there!
I will be there that weekend for brunch. Who’s coming with me?
New York, NY 10011
Before finally checking out Eataly on Saturday, I made myself a nice large pot of coffee at home. The best friend was in town from Tampa so we had a full day of sightseeing and shopping planned.
Fast forward several hours, and I seemed to have left half of my coffeepot un-drunk! Since it was time to start getting ready for a crazy night around the City, I decided to drink it instead of my typical 5-hour energy. But then, rather than drinking it with my milk and sugar, I had the most amazing “Aha” moment:
This would be really great with some Kahlua in it..
What should I name it?
So I made this incredible concoction:
- 2 shots of Kahlua
- 2 shots of Vodka
- 1.5 cups of coffee
- Dash of cinnamon
- .5 tsp of cane sugar
And WHAM! The most delicious drink ever. I gladly sipped this new cocktail and even made some shots for the girls before heading out.
Although it was delicious as a pre-drinking cocktail with some caffeine to keep you awake, it would also be a GREAT new Brunch cocktail.
This weekend, I have a goal to order this new drink at Brunch.. although it may bit a bit pricey.
Drink up kids!
If you have any recommendations for the new drink’s name, please let me know!
Cheers and welcome to Mimosa Maven! This blog will provide you with reviews of the many AYCD and non-AYCD brunch spots in New York City. From Brooklyn to Queens and all of the Manhattan neighborhoods, you can find your NYC how-to-brunch guide here.
Stay tuned as I review these tasty brunch spots one mimosa at a time.
Posted in AYCD, Manhattan
Tagged AYCD, AYCD Brunch, AYCD brunch NYC, bloody marys, booze, breakfast, drunch, french toast, omelet, pancakes, Unlimited mimosas