Get ready for the best new brunch to hit the Lower East Side this summer. Once you recover from a night out at Hotel Chantelle, come back for an incredible outdoor brunch.
Starting with the ambiance you will be immediately brought back to the old New York City feel. From the street lights, table settings and incredible jazz band Dandy Wellington, your brunch festivities only just begin…
Thanks to Hotel Chantelle’s PR agency BWR PR, the brunch bunch of the summer received a special invite to come and try the new brunch menu at Chantelle. Although the service started a bit slow with a little wait for water and cocktail orders, the service quickly picked up.
The specialty South of Delancey cocktail includes:
- Kettle One Citron
- Sweet Tea odka
- Peach Schnapps
- Lime Juice
The crepe brunch menu was unreal. Although it was difficult to choose which crepe, we opted for 2:
- Smoked Salmon, asparagus, fresh dill, lemon creme fraiche
- A perfect blend of creamy and salty
- Wild mushrooms, baby spinach, Applewood smoked bacon, goat cheese
- This dish had more mushrooms and bacon than anticipated. Definitely filling and delicious
During our meal we met the chef Jeff Kreisel and he served us the Maine Lobster salad. This delicious salad was perfect as an appetizer to share with the table:
- Vanilla infused cauliflower puree, fava beans, radish opal basil, ruby grapefruit vinaigrette
Of course, we had to try the remaining 3 out of 4 brunch cocktails:
- Mimosa: they were in the old school glasses, a great touch
- Bloody Mary: tasted freshly made, with the perfect amount of horse radish: but still tasted like it was missing something
- Mint Julep: I’m not a Mint Julep fan, but it was tolerable
We will definitely come back to brunch here this summer. The food was fresh, the drinks were delicious and the ambiance was perfect. The staff will learn to accommodate the busy brunchers from the get-go. We’re looking forward to trying the rest of the crepes on our next visit.
5 out of 5 mimosas
92 Ludlow Street (and Delancy)
New York, NY 10002
(212) 254 – 9100
DISCLAIMER: This was a partially compensated brunch – but all reviews, posts and opinions are that of Mimosa Maven with no influence from the venue.
And in case you are looking, the brunch menu is here: