After reading rave reviews of Phillip Marie we knew we had to try this brunch. The West Village charm is incredible, and the food is even more. Upon arrival there was already a line out the door – good thing we had a reservation. However, similar to most hot-spots, we needed the full party in order to sit.
After we finally sat down we were immediately served with brunch cocktails – mimosas all around served with a splash of vodka. (Yes, champagne, OJ and vodka)! Of course, I started with a bloody mary – it was not the best. So I quickly switched to the mimosa cocktail. These were serious mimosas for the serious bruncher..
- a perfect fruity starter
- 2 Crab Cakes Topped with Poached Eggs & Hollandaise and Skillet Potatoes
- The crab cake and eggs benedict was “perfect”
- Traditional and perfect! Served with 3 eggs and skillet potatoes
- Topped with Fresh Whipped Cream & Strawberries
- Pancakes were tasty with homemade cream (no syrup needed)
- Unfortunately, this frittata is no longer on the menu
But no worries, we enjoyed our meal before having all of our refills of the strong mimosa cocktail. Next thing we knew, we ended up having a major Sunday Funday throughout the West Village!
This is hands down one of the best brunch experiences thus far. The food was overall fantastic, the price was fair, the service was incredible and most of the all, the laid back yet preppy atmosphere was perfect for a summer-time brunch. I’m looking to head back this winter!
Brunch Review: 5 out of 5 mimosas