For just $10 – $14 per brunch item.. and either $6 brunch cocktails or an additional $12 to your bill for unlimited mimosas and more you can enjoy this Memphis BBQ eatery.
Nothing like starting off brunch with a few appetizers.. and the best of the best came right to us! (Here’s a tip.. follow @BBQNYC for a complimentary order of Frickles!)
Unfortunately, I wasn’t in an AYCD mood so we just had a few cocktails. Nothing special – no frills, but did the trick. (Side note: the SH PR agency invited us to brunch for this review. We thank them for the comped cocktails and great service!).
After the great service from management and the wait staff, we asked our friendly and excited brunchers at the table next to us what they recommended:
- Two Eggs, Fried or Scrambled, served on Grilled Corn Tortillas with sharp Cheddar Cheese, Pulled Pork, Baked
Beans and topped with Pico de Gallo, and Fresh Guacamole.
- This was one of the best Huevos Rancheros we’ve had.. the boys loved the pork and it was so tasty
- Among the best home fries ever.. try it with any of the BBQ sauces.. southern perfection
- This was my attempt for a healthy at brunch before the cruise.. it was ok. The healthy option is never that fabulous..
- Grilled onion, Portobello Mushroom and cheddar cheese folded in a three egg omelet, served with Spiced
French Fries or small house salad
- Tender Shredded Brisket and Potato hash served with 2 eggs fried or scrambled and a Buttermilk Biscuit
- The eggs were supposed to be over easy.. but the brisket was incredibly juicy.. and perfectly paired with the honey BBQ sauce
I love this place for happy hour and some good ole wings.. or even (as statedearlier) for a celeb sighting (inset photo: Gator and past NY Knicks Player David Lee watching the 2010 NBA playoffs), but may not travel up here for brunch.
Typically, southern for brunch is always questionable IMO and the entire restaurant had about 8 people there for brunch. I may pass on brunch next time but I’ll make a night of it instead of my hang over cure.
Brunch Review: 3 out of 5 mimosas
Southern Hospitality BBQ
1460 Second Ave., New York, NY 10075
(btw 76th & 77th Streets)
*Location also at 45 and 9th