It is 10 am on Father’s Day. Dad isn’t a huge baseball fan (although he doesn’t mind watching the games when they’re on) and you’ve been too busy with all that NYC work-life provides to figure out a major plan. Well, today is your lucky day! Here is a list of our top 5 Dad-friendly Brunch Spots (This is also a great list for any man in your life).
The good news: Some of these places may not even need reservations! (But I’d call ahead just in case):
- Mel’s Burger Bar: It may be close to the Heights, but Dad will sure enjoy it. We all know Dad loves his red meat, and nothing is better than a good burger on Father’s Day! Plus, they offer $2 bloody mary’s to help cure your hangover from last night!
- Duke’s: Duke’s in Murray Hill and Union Square offer a GREAT weekend brunch, add $10 to year meal for AYCD drinks! The food is decently prices, plus it’s mostly fried and BBQ. What else could dad ask for?
- Primehouse NYC: Yes it is true, Primehouse NYC serves brunch! Typically a great Father’s Day Dinner Choice, Primehouse offers a great brunch (brunch item $9-$16 and it includes 1 brunch cocktail). This place will class it up a bit.. without putting a big hole in the wallet! (Menu is here!)
- Jalapeno: Does Dad love his Mexican? If so, try this spot in Columbus Circle! The sangria, bloodies, mimosas and proseco is unlimited! (Yes unlimited drinks)! The cost is low, but the energy is high.
- Brother Jimmy’s: Try any of the locations (Union Square, Murray Hill and Upper East Side) for a sweet southern brunch with Dad. For just $13.95 you can get coffee/tea, a brunch entrée and one of their brunch drink specials , errr..”Eye Openers,” and they run about $8 each. These brunch cocktails include:
Hair of the dog (a mint Julep), Bloody Beer (Budweiser, tomato juice, Tabasco, Worcestershire & lime) , White peach sangria, Mimosa, Bloody Mary, and Bellini. For just $22 you can even get their “Rise and Shine” (Vodka, OJ, Grenadine) in a fishbowl and share with Dad! Plus, you can “watch” whatever games are on their many TV screens! Go ahead and put some south in yo mouth!
There are so many other brunch options to try, so if these 5 don’t work out take a look at our all-inclusive brunch list!